Join as a BLOG contributor

To join as a blog contributor, please e-mail your request to garibaldiannexpac@gmail.com providing your name, child's name and e-mail address that you would like to use for subscription purposes.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sushi Day today

Hi everyone,
I would have to say that being on the Hot lunch committee has been a very rewarding experience so far this year.  When we scheduled a sushi day, I'd have to admit that I was unsure of how well it would be received by the students.  My reservations were quickly set aside as I tallied the numbers of kids that were signing up for this lunch day.  With 41 orders and very little time to get the orders in, I would say that this was quite a showing.

Today's lunch was a lot of fun, and I left with a smile on my face.  I think I'll have to bring my camera next time to make record of how much the kids enjoyed themselves.

Some of today's highlights would have to be Kirin who I am pretty sure must have a hollow leg.  He kept begging for more and anything that I set before him was gobbled up in no time flat.  At one point I had to 'test his leg' to see if it was getting full! LOL.

Jordan, who I understand is a pro when it comes to sushi and prefers the nigiri style, very quietly came to me and told me that she didn't like the seaweed.  So we explored whether there was another type that she would prefer from the few pieces that we had in excess, with no luck.  Then a second time she came to me and asked if she could just pull the fish part out and eat that.

The Division 1 boys, and in particular Justin were quite funny today.  They all decided that Pickled ginger was an integral part of today's meal.  Egging each other on to eat more and more.  Justin was my only taker on the wasabi, and when he saw the 1/2 teaspoon that I brought to his plate told me that it wasn't enough, so I filled the spoon and set it at his plate.  It was a few minutes after as I did another round of the lunch room that all the boys were giggling and he had tears running down his cheeks.... no he didn't eat the whole spoonful, the little that he did have though was a little too much I think!

So... We've still got some time to go before Pizza day in May.  If you haven't gotten your children's forms in yet, please do.  We are hoping to be ahead of the game from here on in.

Also, I had a note from one of the parents about there not being a veg option for the Burger day.  If your child is Vegetarian, please just note it on the form and we will ensure there is a garden burger available for them.

See you at the next Popcorn day... May 10th

Until Then
Sherri
Hot Lunch Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment