December 12, 2012
Joel made introductions and there were no additions to the agenda.
Minutes will for the November meeting will be adopted at the next PAC
Adoption of the PAC bylaws, Constitution and PAC objectives deferred to next meeting.
- Ms. Baker noted that she liked the value driven PAC objectives
- Looks like we are on par for Kindergarten registration for next year.
- Consideration of putting out a leaflet in the neighbourhood to promote registration.
- Offered up a formal thank-you for the fundraising efforts of the soiree
- Update on communications and checking-in:
- More professional
- Need to have boundaries
- Already parents checking in at office more
- Remembrance Day assembly
- Drills: - code yellow and code red
- Eye testing done
- Visit by Gino Bondy – District principal for Alternate Programs – visited the school
- Gino in a new position; VLN and home learners are unique and also more stable.
One to One Readers
- providing support to 12 children
- trained and approved adults come to school to read with children
- a variety of kids selected to participate
- offered bulletin board outside of staff room to PAC vs. sharing the white board
- Food committee meeting will be held at an afternoon time.
- Invited to a performance at Begbie School
- Gymnastics starting for all children
- Goal setting days for staff.
5(d) – Parent Education Committee – need two people to spearhead the committee
Parent Programs – possible to coordinate with other Schools who might be offering parental programs already. Ms. Baker willing to put out feelers through her network
- $4,747.69 raised at the soiree
- Might be time to switch up the style or venue of this fundraiser for next year.
- other ideas – fridge magnet with dates – info on this was provided by Ms. Baker
- Hot chocolate/lemonade/ popcorn after school not happening right now. Would like to look at a way to make this happen even if Lunch committee not going forward.
- Spell-a- thon – pledge sheets; tested at school
Movie Night - dates to be sent out.
- Joel provided budget update
- Gaming account $2342.81, less $250 for tennis reservation
- PAC account $ 5,467.69
- Julie made a motion to purchase a sound system for the school with and expenditure up to $1200. Angela seconded.
- Would like to have in time for the Christmas concert.